I saw a 4-page spread in the Spokane Spokesman on a multi-day festival/seminar centered around contacting the fairy realm (here: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2009/jul/05/beyond-the-veil/). Part of me says 'they're fruit loops, but they aren't hurting anyone'. But on the other hand I have a sense that supporting such unabashed nonsense is harmful somehow, although I am having difficulty putting my finger on why.
Maybe it has to do with the death of common sense, where if we are expected to take a bunch of fruits, flakes, and nuts getting together to commune with the fairies seriously (!) that we'll be expected to accept other patent bullshit just as readily. Stimulus, anyone?
“More And More Severe Storms”: When Can We Declare This Hypothesis To Be
Definitively Falsified?
-
The fact is that the claim (hypothesis) that warmer temperatures lead to
more frequent and more severe hurricanes has already been falsified,
whether the...
1 hour ago
No comments:
Post a Comment